Castle Clinton National Monument
Located in Battery Park, this historic open-air fort was built to defend New York Harbor during the War of 1812 and was renamed Castle Clinton in 1821 to honor onetime mayor and governor of New York, DeWitt Clinton. Having served as an opera house, immigration center, entertainment complex and aquarium, it now offers guided tours and an exhibit room devoted to key periods in the monument’s history. Castle Clinton is also the departure point for ferries to the Statue of LIberty.
Daily 7:45 am-5 pm